Ironically because I have run out of time over the last week or so, only yesterday did I post Week 14 of the Simplify your Life Challenge.
Today I'm looking at Week 15 - The Time Audit
"I'm too busy"
"I don't have enough time"
"If only there were more hours in the day"
"I have more on my to do list than I do time"
These are some of the many words that have left my mouth this year. Over and over again!
Hopefully with my new attack on planning, I will have more time.
I do honestly find that life and it's day to day routines take up most of my time. Then when I want to embrace something a little left of centre, outside of this schedule, everything goes by the wayside.
But I'm slowly starting to accept that that is simply where my life is at right now.
It won't be forever.
Right now I need to accept:
- Washing needs to be done everyday, this includes putting the clothes away.
- Meals won't cook themselves
- I still have to cook meals even though most nights someone will totally reject it.
- I will be tired after working the night before
- Lulu will be tired after school
- Exercise is important and shouldn't be pushed aside
- I am a taxi and getting my children from A-B is important.... to them
When time permits:
- First and foremost I spend time with my family
- I will blog
- I will play with my camera and take photos
- Then I'lI scrapbook
- Sewing is something I'd like to embrace a little more
Deb from Home Life Simplified suggests you set yourself 2-3 items each day in your daily agenda as 'most important'
This will help ensure 'needs' are met and 'wants' are considered when there is reasonable time.
Unfortunately this week has not been a great example for me. Routine has been completely and utterly out the window. After heading away for Easter, we had the back to home blues, mountains of washing and head colds to throw into the mix.
Next week school is back and I can effective roll with my planning and time management. Having reviewed the situation I feel the fog has cleared and I know what I need to do.
Bring on the routine.
Linking up for the Simplify your Life Challenge